GREATER GOLDEN HILL
COMMUNITY PLAN UPDATE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
a subcommittee of the Greater Golden Hill Planning Committee
MEETING #17 Agenda
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
6:30 – 8:30 P.M.
Location: 1504 30th Street, San Diego, CA 92102 (Greater Golden Hill CDC Office)
6:30* Call to order - Facilitator for this meeting is Marc Kratzschmar
Selection of secretary for this meeting; selection of timer for this meeting.
Additions and/or deletions to agenda
Approve minutes of previous meeting (January 18, 2011).
6:35 Announcements and Public Comment
(non–agenda items - 2 minute limit – not subject to debate – future agenda requests)
6:40 COMMITTEE ORGANIZATION
Selection of facilitator for next meeting
6:45 DISCUSSION AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR TOPICS D (12/7/11) and E.
C. Neighborhood Districts – recommendations on City of Villages concept
D. Review Existing Land Use and Proposed Land Use
E. Review Existing Urban Design. (Committee Members to bring good examples of Urban Design for discussion)
7:55 ACTION ITEMS:
Recommendations to GGHPC regarding discussion topics (ongoing)
8:05 SELECT AND DETERMINE AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING AND DISCUSS NECESSARY PREPARATION.
· Use of “Gala Foods” Property (McDonough)
· Density (Varol)
· Should architectural style checklists be replaced by enhanced quality standards? ***
· Can existing quality standards in the PDO be improved? ***
· Revisit building height regulations. ***
· Revisit commercial parking. ***
· Revisit yard and setback requirements. ***
Is the prospect of increased density in GGH good or bad? ***
· What vision should the Community Plan express with respect to density? ***
· Consider "urban design” as a discussion topic. Include it in plazas and pocket parks. 28th St. from B to E has been designated as a linear park (Willets 12.7.11).
· Review Barrio Logan's Community Plan. http://www.sandiego.gov/planning/barriologanupdate/pdf/blcpufull050311.pdf
8:20 OLD AND NEW BUSINESS
The City of San Diego distributes agendas via email and can also provide agendas in alternative formats as well as a sign language or oral interpreter for the meeting with advance notice. To request these services, please contact the City at 619-236-6479 or.