Greater Golden Hill Planning Committee
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Present: Chris Blatt chair; Dave Caldwell; Richard Baldwin; Scott Glazebrook, Angela Vasconcellos, Laurie Burgett, David Skillman, and Carlos LeGerrette
Chair Blatt called the meeting to order at approximately 6:30 pm.
Treasurers Report: No report.
Community Police Report: No report.
District 3: No report.
District 8 report by Diana Jurado-Sainz :
- Golden Hill Community Clean-Up on Feb. 9, 2008. A trash bin will be located at 33rd and C Street adjacent to Golden Hill Elementary.
- Golden Hill Christmas tree drop-off area will remain open until Jan. 26.
- Street Sweeping for Golden Hill is Tuesday and Thursday 10-1. Information is being collected regarding the possibility of a second route assigned to the business areas.
- Dist. 8 is offering free trees, including planting, to homes that agree to actively water the trees for approximately six months until root system is established.
- Requesting information from residents regarding sidewalks and streets that are in need of immediate repair. Information will be use to assist in scheduling the work.
- Coming Clean-Growing Green city project needs volunteers to distribute information to neighbors. A meeting is scheduled for Jan. 29, 8 a.m. to 12 noon. Call Diana at Dist. 8 office for specifics.
- Councilman Ben Hueso appoint to chair City of San Diego’s Land Use and Housing Committee.
- Councilman Hueso will make first of two State of the District presentation beginning Feb. 21, 2008 at 6 p.m. at Memorial Academy.
76th Assembly District: No report.
53rd Congressional District Report by Catheryn ______:
· Cong. Susan Davis accepting intern application from high school and college students who would be assigned to the San Diego office.
· Cathryn updated the GGHPC regarding travel visas.
City Planner: No report.
Approval of November, 2007 Minutes: A motion was made to approve the minutes and was approved with seven in favor, none opposed and one abstention.
CCDC report by Sheila Horton:
· Balboa Theatre to open in near future and no-cost public tours have been very popular.
· Parking plan information available online at the agency’s website.
· CCDC is invited the public to the 10th Annual San Diego Multi-Cultural Festival, Jan 19 at the Martin Luther King Promenade.
32nd Street Canyon report by Tershia ______.
· reported that progress is being made in the planting of trees in the 32nd Street canyon. Students and residents are scheduled to plant approximately 400 plants with an additional 700 for the future. Golden Hill Elementary and Einstein Academy are the schools participating in this project.
Chair’s Report: No report.
MAD (Clean, Green and Safe) Advisory Update Report:
· (It was noted that the GGHPC had two members elected to the MAD board; David Skillman and Chris Blatt).
Land Use Report: No report.
SUB-COMMITTEE AND AD-HOC COMMITTEE REPORTS
Membership & Elections by Angela Vasconcellos:
· GGHPC roster now on Golden Hill CDC blog.
· Advertisements will be distributed to recruit three individuals to fill three vacancies on the GGHPC.
· Angela asked committee to forward information to her regarding any potential members.
· Miles Pomeroy, city planner assigned to GGHPC, will be contacted regarding any new policies concerning new changes of how planning committee members are chosen.
Parks Report: No report.
Code Compliance: No report.
Transportation/Compact Report: No report.
Balboa Park Committee by Laurie Burgett:
- California Conservation Corps doing landscaping project in Golden Hill Park.
- Balboa Park Committee making recommendations regarding where alcohol may be consumed in the park.
- U.S. Department of Interior to assess water quality of ground water via the installation of multiple-depth monitoring well at 26th and Pershing.
Airport Noise Advisory: No report.
Historic: No report.
Motion made by David Skillman to adjourn. Motion passed with eight in favor, none opposed, no abstentions. Meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m.